LabelVision 20/20 Version 4.5 Specifications
Items marked with this icon are
only available in the Integration edition.
- 32-bit or 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP,
Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- At least 256MB of memory.
- Up to 30MB of hard disk space, depending
upon setup options.
- A mouse is required to design labels,
but not to print them.
- Any Windows-supported printer (includes
color printers and bar code printers with Windows print
- Built-in drivers for Zebra models:
A300, DA-402, GC420d, GC420t, GK420d, GK420t, GX420d, GX420t,
GX430t, H 2824-Z, LP 2824 Plus, LP 2824-Z, TLP 2824 Plus,
TLP 2824-Z, LP 2844-Z, TLP 2844-Z, TLP 3844-Z, R2844-Z,
R4Mplus, R110PAX3, R110PAX4, R110Xi, R170Xi, S4M, Stripe
printers (S-300, S-400, S-500, S-600), T300, T402, Z4M,
Z6M, Z-90A, Z-90Xi, Z-91, Z-96Xi, Z-105S, Z-105Se, Z-105SL,
Z-105SLPLUS, Z-110PAX, Z-110Xi, Z-140, Z-140Xi, Z-160S,
Z-170Xi, Z-170PAX, Z-220Xi, Z-221, Z-4000, Z-6000, ZD500,
ZE500, ZM400, ZM600, ZP 450, ZT220, ZT230, ZT410, and ZT420.
- Built-in drivers
for DATAMAX models: A-4212, A-4310, A-4408, A-4606,
A-6212, A-6310, Allegro, Allegro2, DMX 400, DMX 600, DMX
800, E-4203, E-4204, E-4205, E-4206, E-4304, E-4305, Ex2,
H-4212, H-4310, H-4408, H-4606, H-6210, H-6212, H-6308,
H-6310, H-8308, I-4206, I-4208, I-4210, I-4212, I-4308,
I-4310, I-4406, I-4604, I-4606, M-4206, M-4208, M-4306,
PE-42, PE-43, Ovation!, Prodigy MAX, Prodigy Plus, ST-3210,
Titan 6200, W-6208, W-6308, W-8306, and XL. Note:
DATAMAX printers with suffixes of all Marks (e.g.
Mark III) and all suffix letters (e.g. A) are fully
supported by the drivers above.
- Built-in drivers for Intermec
EasyCoder models: 3240, 3400A through 3400E, 3440, 3600,
4420, 4420E, 4440, 4440E, and 7421.
- Built-in drivers for Sato models:
CL408, CL412, CL4NX, CL608, CL612, CL6NX, GL408e, GL412e,
GT408e, GT412e, GT424e, Lt408, M-10e, M-8400RV, M-8459S,
M-8460S, M-8465Se, M-8485S, M-8490S, M-84Pro, S84-ex, S8408,
S8412, S8424, and S86-ex. Note: Sato printers with
suffixes of 'e', 'Se', or 'X' are fully supported
by the drivers above.
- Using Zebra built-in drivers you can
print to the following Printronix T5000 models that
have the PPI1 (Printronix Printer Interpreter) option installed:
T5204, T5206, T5208, T5304, T5306 and T5308. In LabelVision,
you must select the Zebra driver compatible with your T5000
model as follows: T5204 - Zebra 140Xi; T5206 and T5208 -
Zebra 220Xi; T5304, T5306 and T5308 - Zebra 170Xi. Contact
FIS to learn how to print labels wider than 6.6 inches on
- Windows MDI (Multiple Document Interface)
- Simultaneously edit multiple labels,
with drag and drop between labels.
- True WYSIWYG design. Label is displayed
and edited exactly as it prints.
- Can password protect the LabelVision
programs (the Designer or Database Tools) or individual
labels to control user access.
- Multi-user, concurrent network licenses
Note: concurrent licensing is not compatible with
external ActiveX Automation, and is not recommended for
production-printing, only for label design operations.
- Context-sensitive help.
- Display and snap to user-defined
Grid and user-defined Guides.
- Multi-level Undo and Redo.
- Units of measurement: inches,
centimeters, millimeters or points.
- Draw lines at any angle, not
just horizontal or vertical lines.
- On-screen editing of bar code,
text, and variable graphic data.
- Bar codes and text can be aligned
at print-time, even with variable data.
- LabelVision displays alerts to
notify you of errors, warnings, or print speed issues.
Automatic Error Handling feature can be used to automatically
respond to errors or alerts encountered during the print
process. Can optionally suppress the user interface.
- Select multiple objects for move,
copy, delete and align operations. Can edit properties of
multiple selected objects.
- Objects can be grouped together,
causing them to behave like a single object.
- Easily pick up settings from
one object and apply them to another.
- Objects can overlap, with support
for bring forward, send backward, bring to front, send to
- Set fill and draw colors for
- Print white on black, or use transparent
to show overlapped objects.
- Each object may be rotated to
- User-definable prompts with various
- Output pictures allow formatting
of printed data.
- Field output format allows preparation
of print templates, which can be printed using search and
- Supports multiple labels across
and down on the same page.
- Can mix multiple layouts on the
same page, which is useful for die cut labels or for multiple
label sizes on the same page.
- Label may be designed right-side
up and printed in any orientation.
- Mix fonts, font sizes and font
styles in a single text object.
- Can word-wrap text into multi-line
- Paragraphs can be left aligned,
centered, right aligned or justified.
- Can shrink or expand text at print
time to fit rectangle.
- Supports "native" printer fonts.
- Prints any Windows TrueType font
on any supported printer.
- Supports most "native" printer
- Supported bar codes: Code 39
(with full ASCII), Straight 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5,
Code 128 (A, B, C, UCC/EAN and Auto), UPC-A & EAN-13 (both
with Add-2 and Add-5), UPC-E, EAN-8, Codabar, Data Matrix,
- Adjustable human readable location,
alignment and font.
- Supports GS1 data format.
- Embed or link to objects created
in any OLE server application.
- Print-time control of variable
graphic expansion and alignment.
- Graphics in PCX, BMP, GIF, JPG,
WMF, EMF or OLE format can be read at design time or at
print time (variable graphics).
- Interactively resize, rotate,
or crop graphics.
|Fields, Formulas, and Functions
- Data may be assigned during design
(constant) or filled in at run-time (input fields).
- Use formulas to define calculated
values, which can come from fields, databases or other formulas.
Use built-in Microsoft VBScript programming language to
create user-defined functions, which can be used in calculations
and field values.
- Input fields and constants can
be strung together (concatenated).
- Auto-incrementing or decrementing
fields can be numeric, alphanumeric, alphabetic, hexadecimal
or user-defined sequence.
- Auto-incrementing field values
can be saved locally, shared with other labels, or reset
each time label is printed.
- Auto-incrementing field values
can be stored in database records used for printing.
- Auto-incrementing fields take
advantage of printer capabilities to increase print speed.
Logging feature can be used to create an audit trail or
record printed data. Can log to text file or database table
(including ODBC). Can set limits on the size of the log.
Error Logging feature can be used to create an audit trail
of errors encountered during the print process, which can
be later analyzed. Can log to a text file.
|Preparation for printing
- Easily test print Intermec, DATAMAX,
Sato, and Zebra labels on a Windows printer.
- Preview your label as it will
print. If you are using data from a database table, you
can easily navigate through each record to see how your
label will print.
- Labels can be converted from one
printer to another.
- Printer wizard automatically detects
and configures your Intermec, DATAMAX, Sato or Zebra printer.
- Multiple printers may be connected
to the same computer, with automatic or manual selection
of destination printer.
- Print-Only program included for
printing without modifying label design.
- Supports various print densities
for many printers.
- Takes advantage of TrueType font
and graphic storage for many printers to increase print
- Background printing allows you
to continue working while labels are printing or print to
multiple printers at the same time.
- Built-in print manager performs
intelligent job queuing, allowing you to hold, suspend,
and reprioritize jobs waiting to be printed.
- Can print to any serial or parallel
port, or to file. Can check status messages from many printers
in 2-way communications.
- Can print to network printers
using UNC path names (e.g., \\SERVER\PRINTER).
- Can print to TCP/IP devices.
IPShare program included for two-way network printing.
- Print Preview feature.
- Many printer features, including
print speed, darkness and cutter options, can be set on
a per-label or on a per-printer basis.
- Print quantity and number of duplicates
can be pre-defined, entered by user or taken from a database.
- Use the built-in Database Tools
to create, modify and maintain databases.
- LabelVision databases can be
opened by Microsoft Access, and Access databases can be
opened by LabelVision (mdb,
but not accdb file format).
- Can link to and print from data
in external databases using ODBC.
- Can optionally link to and print
from Microsoft Access (mdb,
but not accdb file format), dBase, Paradox
and Text files without the use of ODBC.
- Use Structured Query Language
(SQL) to define advanced database queries.
- Supports print-time record selection
using point-and-shoot. Display multiple fields and select
multiple records to print.
Record Watch automatically prints records as they appear
in a database table, text file or ODBC connection. Supports
write-back or deletion of printed records.
Supports write-back to database.
- Unlimited cross-referencing between
any data sources.
- Can print using queries created
with Microsoft Access (mdb,
but not accdb file format).
- Variable labels, which allow the
file name of a label format to come from a database, can
easily be created using a wizard.
LabelVision allows creation of custom menus.
- Menus can have submenus, help
text, shortcuts, password protected items.
- Menu items can print labels, browse
database tables, or run other programs.
- Menu run-time is included in all
editions, including Run-Time.
ActiveX Automation client can control other programs, such
as Microsoft Office applications, from within LabelVision
ActiveX Automation server allows other programs to control
LabelVision, including changing options, storing and reading
field values, and printing labels.
Label Events can trigger Macros to execute automatically
during label printing.
provide a way to organize the files used in a label printing
- Edit a file by double-clicking it in
the Project window.
- Quickly switch between multiple
- Easily deploy a Project to a folder
or zip file.
- Validate files and settings before and
after Project deployment.